When I started blogging years ago I was mostly known for my breakfast recipes. I would have a new recipe basically daily that was “breakfast”. After all, when you start a clean eating journey that seems to be the hardest meal to get variety in. I didn’t want to eat plain oatmeal or eggs every morning. So I had to get creative with flavors. However, my breakfasts really took a turn with flavor/options when I changed my MINDSET!
This lovely pan of goodness was dinner for my family. Being the planner that I am, I always make an abundance of vegetables to use throughout the week. These little babies quickly became breakfast!
You see guys breakfast is just a term. It is what we have been raised calling our morning meal. It doesn’t mean that it has to be eggs, cereal, oatmeal, etc. I often have leftovers for breakfast – I have even been known to have oatmeal for lunch (at work) and dinner.
This plate incorporates egg and sausage, but I very often would eat the protein as breakfast as well. Dicing up some of the chicken, mixing it with the veggies in a bowl, and you have a great breakfast! Other options would be a drizzle honey on top, over medium fried egg, or use as a compote on a waffle.
Roasted Chicken w/ Root Veggies
•whole chicken cut in two halves (or pieces)
•big bowl of diced carrots, sweet potatoes, onion, Cherry tomatoes and mushrooms
•Head of garlic – roughly chopped
•chopped fresh rosemary
•salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Rub olive oil on chicken, sprinkle with salt & pepper and cover with chopped garlic (all of it) – toast in oven for 30 minutes
3. While chicken is in for first roast, drizzle olive oil over veggies in bowl, toss to coat.
4. Spread veggies on a sheet pan. Season with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
5. After chicken cooks for 30 mins place chicken on top of veggies and return to oven. Cook another 30 minutes.
6. Place pat of butter on each piece of chicken, return to oven just until butter melts.
This is so yummy as is, but you can serve with brown rice, salad, and crusty bread. Remember to save the left overs!
I urge you to incorporate leftover meats/veggies into you morning meals. You will gain so much variety, and I promise you will love it! 🥰