As you guys know I have been baking treats weekly for my kiddos to enjoy as snacks this summer. I love to bake! I also love that when I bake their treats for them I know exactly what is going into them.
Like these delicious spiced peach muffins. Made with fresh organic peaches! This recipe makes about 21 regular sized muffins – probably about 10-12 large muffins. I prefer the regular sized ones personally, so I have never tried to make larger ones. I am a little
freak watchful with portion sizes.
Spiced Peach Muffins
- 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 peaches, skinned/pitted/finely chopped
- Heat oven to 400*. Spray your muffin tin with non-stick spray
- Whisk the flour, sugars, baking powder, spices, and salt in a bowl
- Whisk the milk, eggs, and extracts in a bowl
- Add coconut oil to dry mixture, give a little stir – this is so the coldness of the milk and eggs will not “harden” the oil
- Add the liquid to the dry and mix until just combined
- Fold in the chopped peaches
- Divide batter between the muffin cups
- Now take them over the top – sprinkle the tops of each muffin with some sugar and nutmeg.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
Since this is a large bowl of batter you will have to bake two tins of muffins. If you are like me – you do not have two muffin tins. No worries, the batter will be fine sitting and waiting for the second batch. No need to do anything special with it. I like to bake large quantities of goods – you know since I have boys to feed. They eat a lot!
**ps – I like to keep these babies in the fridge. You know fresh baked with fresh fruit – they will last longer. Not just for shelf life, but because your family will not eat one every time they pass by!