Good morning guys! I know I have been on a hiatus for a several weeks now. It wasn’t
intentional, I promise! To be honest I was sick (still am) a few weeks ago with nasty allergy/sinus stuff……you know since Louisiana decided to start spring in February and bloom! Then I went on a cruise for some much needed R&R. Once docking back in LA – yep you guessed it! More sinus/allergy crap because I was back in the land of pollen.
So while I had intentions of posting, I just wasn’t feeling it! Seeing as my little blog here is hobby only and not monetized, thankfully I didn’t feel the pressure to post. So I took the time I needed to get back to me 🙂
So in my attempt to offer you guys a sincere apology I am going to share a recipe with you! Here are a few of my favorite things.
A little Breakfast……..
Pear & Mozzarella Stuffed French Toast
- 2 slices cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread
- 1/2 small pear, sliced thin
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- juice sweetened jam (I use Crofter’s juice sweetened super fruit spread…..awesome!)
- 1 egg white
- 1T almond milk
- coconut butter
- Preheat griddle and spray with non-stick spray
- Mix the egg white, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a shallow dish
- Spread the jam on one slice of the bread, layer pair slices, layer on the cheese, and place 2nd slice of bread on top.
- Carefully dip each side of the bread in the egg mixture.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides and cheese melts
A little lunch/dinner……..
Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad
- 2 small chicken breasts, grilled
- romaine lettuce
- red & yellow peppers
- quinoa pasta
- salad dressing of choice
A little snack……….
- 1+1/3c unbleached all purpose flour
- 1t baking powder
- 1t baking soda
- 1/4t salt
- 1 + 1/3c rolled oats
- 1/2c brown sugar
- 1/2c white sugar/turbinado sugar/organic sugar (yeah you get the point)
- 1/2c chopped pecans
- 1c semi-sweet chocolate chips (if you are making jar cookies then you stop here)
- 1/2c (1 stick) melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1t vanilla extract Preheat oven to 350*, and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray
- Mix together the butter, egg, and vanilla
- Stir in the cookie mix (or remaining ingredients if not from a jar mix)
- Roll the mixture into ball with hands and place two inches apart on cookie sheet
- Bake in oven for 11-13 minutes, cool on a cooling rack
Of course you will want to hide these cookies because they are just that darn good. I love to have them when they are still warm with a nice glass of almond milk 🙂
All three of the above recipes are things that I really enjoy making this time of year, and my kiddos love them too! Please enjoy and comment below if you try them!
~Be Fierce, Be Fabulous