Have you guys read the Hunger Games series? If you have then you totally get that title. If you haven’t then you should read it. It is a great series!!
Now of course I am talking a little bit differently about hunger games than what the book is about. There will be no fighting here. Of course unless it is over the last cookie or piece of Christmas candy!
This is my usual hungry week. Then on top of that we have a holiday, a big holiday, coming up. Then on top of that I have a lot of baking to do throughout the week in preparation for that holiday. That is not a good combination!!
So this week will be a sharing of all things Christmas, starting with my homemade chocolate chip cookies!!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 c butter, softened
- 2.25 c unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c chocolate chips of choice
- pre heat oven to 375
- place the egg, sugars, and butter in your mixers bowl and mix on low blended well. Or mix in a large bowl with hand held mixer.
- combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, mix well.
- stir in the chocolate chips.
- drop on baking sheet lined with parchment paper with a small spoon about 2 inches apart.
- bake for approximately 10-12 minutes.
As you can tell these are not your healthyfied cookies. Oh no they are the real deal! I have nothing against a healthy cookie, but with it being the Christmas holiday we go all out. Besides Santa informed me that he doesn’t like the healthy ones. He wants real chocolate chip cookies, lol!!
Let the hunger games begin………