I love my boys. Nothing makes me happier than knowing I am in a house full of testosterone. Nothing!
Except maybe if they would pick up the toilet seat. I know, I know…we women normally are wanting them to put the seat back down. But that’s another story for another time.
Trust me, with little boys you want them to pick it up. Heck with their own bathroom, leave it up!
But luckily for you this post is not about that type of “p”. But that type of “p” is a reason that I at times need a quick go to meal…….
There are many things that we like to eat in the Helen Naturally household. That list is usually larger than Noah & Kohl’s Santa lists combined!
But being married to the wonderful “part Italian” that I am married to, pasta is a staple in our household. We usually enjoy pasta at least once a week in some form or fashion.
Many times we enjoy a little of it thrown into salads. Often we enjoy it in the basic marinara sauce. At times we may do a lovely seafood dish with it, but sometimes you just gotta have something a little different 🙂
Something with some color. Something with some flavor. Something quick, easy, and pre-made….hey give me a break I work full time and live with three males…..just sayin!
Which is why I love store bought pesto and canned diced tomatoes 🙂
- 1 small container of pesto (or homemade if you have time….clearly I do not)
- 1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1-2T olive oil
- 1/4c diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced garlic
- pasta of choice (I use brown rice pasta)
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the diced onions and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the onions, cook a few minutes careful not to burn.
- Add the tomatoes and let them cook until thickened. Stir the pesto into the tomatoes, add the cooked pasta, and toss to coat pasta with mixture.
- Sprinkle parm on top.
Now call your guys in for dinner.
If you have girls – call them and consider yourself lucky. I know girls have their own little challenges but at least your bathroom problems are more about typical girl clutter than little boy issues.
Maybe you can cook dinner for me as well. Because you know when you have to come home and clean a bathroom nightly, it doesn’t leave much time to be concerned for dinner……just sayin 🙂
Now can anyone come train my boys. The job pays well 🙂