I would like to just put this out there – I’m sorry!
I am truly sorry to all of my readers for slacking on posts lately. As many of you know I have been busy with the usual work, house, etc., but you also know that ball has been thrown into that mix. Now we are adding to that as well.
Things like church functions 🙂
The boys and I participated in our church float for our famous Strawberry Festival on Saturday! We had a great time participating in this event. Between that and haircuts our Saturday was pretty much covered.
But I didn’t forget about you beautiful blog readers. Oh no I didn’t! I made a lovely dinner that afternoon. A true Louisiana favorite, with a little twist.
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound medium crawfish tails
- In a 2 quart saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic; cook until tender.
- Mix in cornstarch. Stir in stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and red pepper sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Stir in shrimp, and cook for 5 minutes.
Serve over a nice bed of brown rice 🙂
I made a lovely little put of green beans to go along side the dish. This is also excellent when served with a nice, crisp salad.
So what is the twist on this classic you ask? The crawfish are. This dish is usually made with shrimp. We do shrimp creole or crawfish ettouffee. Now I already had some crawfish tails in the freezer so of course I saved my dollars and used those as opposed to purchasing shrimp!
A little crusty french bread alongside is just right.
So go now and make this. You can spice it up as much as you like. I like to add a pinch of cayenne to the mix while cooking. After all we like things spicy here in Louisiana!
I promise I will try to do better this week with posting. I have a few things up my sleeve just waiting for them to pan out. Expect some fun posts (at least for me) soon 🙂