Happy Hump Day!
I am celebrating this hump day with a wonderful array of foods. Why not, I mean I am a single lady – at least for the next five days!
So for breakfast I had a luxurious serving of Ladies Champagne A La Overnight Oats 🙂
Raspberry Overnight Oats
- 1/4c plain greek yogurt
- 1/3c almond milk
- 1/3c water
- dash of vanilla & raspberry extracts
- dash of sea salt
- 1/3c oats
- 1T flaxseed
- 1T wheat germ
- 1T chia seeds
- 1/4c fresh raspberries
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and place in fridge over night. Serve the next morning in a lovely single lady glass 🙂
This was so creamy and fruity. It was like eating dessert for breakfast. I am now a firm believer of chia seeds for overnight oats, they really do make a difference!
Lunch was a nice scrambled egg pita served with spinach and salsa, pita chips, and grapes – you know spa style. Sorry no picture of lunch, bad blogger…..but I just had to share that with you.
But dinner…..oh dinner – I have fallen in love with my single lady dinner 🙂
Roasted Tomato Pasta
- 1 small basket of cherry tomatoes
- 4T olive oil, divided
- sea salt & pepper
- 1 garlic clove, but in quarters
- pinch of red pepper
- 1.5 c dry pasta
- parmesan cheese
- preheat oven to 350
- cut the cherry tomatoes in half, mix with 2T olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- roast in oven for approximately 30 minutes
- heat remaining oil in skillet over low heat, add garlic and saute for about 10 minutes.
- remove garlic from pan and chop finely, add back to pan with tomatoes and red pepper.
- cook pasta in boiling water according to package direction, drain and reserve 1/4c cooking liquid
- increase heat to medium-high and add in the liquid, bring to a boil
- cook for 3-5 minutes then add in the pasta, toss to combine, and cook 1 minute more
- serve with parmesan and basil
Garlicky-Lemony Green Beans
- handful of fresh green beans
- 1T olive oil
- clove garlic, minced
- zest from one lemon
- bring a medium pot of water to a boil
- add the beans to water and cook for about 5 minutes
- immediately remove beans and place in a large bowl of ice water
- heat oil in saute pan over low heat, add garlic
- cook garlic for a minute then add the green beans to the pan
- sprinkle lemon zest on top of green beans and heat
Whole Wheat Tuscan Flat Bread
- 3T whole wheat flour
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1/4t garlic powder
- 1/2t Italian herbs
- 1t olive oil
- 1T buttermilk or non-dairy milk
- combine flour and baking powder in small bowl, make sure they are mixed well
- add in the remaining dry ingredients and combine
- stir in the milk until stiff dough forms
- knead the dough ball for a few minutes and flatten with palm of hand, use fingers to press small marks into bread
- heat little olive oil in pan and “fry” you flat bread on both sides until golden brown
Now that my friends is a wonderful, home-cooked dinner. Had to break out the good china on this one. I should have date nights more often with myself!
Oh this meal makes me anxious for the wonderful tomatoes that my dad will grow in his garden. As well as the green beans, peppers, potatoes, eggplants, onions, etc, etc…. I have such wonderful produce in the summer 🙂
Oh and I had the audacity to pick up some fresh strawberries on the way home. I think fresh berries and fresh whipped cream will be in order for dessert later….just sayin!
But for now bring on the Grey’s Anatomy previous seasons from Netflix.
And a nice glass of vino to go along with it all. After all – I am a single lady 🙂