Today was a great day!
Not only was it great because it is Friday, but I was able to spend some time with my little kitchen fairy and his class today.
We celebrated all things Cajun/Louisiana.
Red beans & rice, gumbo, jambalaya, & boiled crawfish. Now a mom can get use to this type of lunch 🙂
We even had some entertainment for the afternoon 🙂
Yes, that is a real gator.
Yes, that is a grown man singing and dancing for a group of pre-k’s and 3rd graders.
I am not sure what frightens me more – the gator or the man!
Not only did I get to see my kitchen fairy, but my fairy helper was allowed to come out and enjoy the entertainment as well.
Nothing as enjoyable as spending some time with your fairies 🙂
But I do have something that is enjoyable. What makes it enjoyable? It contains orange juice, it contains chicken, and it contains your crock pot. Now who doesn’t enjoy cooking in the crock pot!
Crockpot Orange Chicken
- 1.5T soy sauce
- 1.5T water
- 5T rice vinegar
- 1/2c orange juice (fresh squeezed is best)
- zest of 1 orange
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4c green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1T sesame oil
- 4 small chicken breasts, or two large
- 2T cornstarch, 2T water
- Mix first 9 ingredients in a small bowl. Place the chicken in the crock pot and pour the sauce over the top. Set on low and cook for 7-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot and reserve the liquid in a sauce pan
- Combine the corn starch and water in a small bowl until corn starch is dissolved. Add this to the liquid and cook until thicken.
- Serve chicken over rice with sauce on top.
Saves you lots of time with dinner so you can spend time with the kitchen fairies!