Woo hoo it’s Friday! I have a wonderful weekend planned that has a lot of nothing to do involved in it. What is so wonderful you say? Well of course the “nothing to do” part. I have no plans. No commitments. Just me and the boys doing as we please.
It is wonderful to be able to have that time with my boys. Who knows what we will end up doing. But just the fact that it will be our choice and not something dictated by others is enough to brighten any weekend for me 🙂
Moving on. Breakfast. My favorite meal of the day!
I tried a new breakfast this morning, one that I will gladly share with all of you.
Strawberry & Banana Oat Bran
- 1/2c oat bran
- 1/2c almond milk
- 3/4c water
- dash of salt
- 1/2 banana sliced
- 1/4c strawberry slices
Place all ingredients into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Turn on low and cook for one minute.
Topped with more strawberries, walnut pieces, and a blob of Nuttzo 🙂
So easy and simple. I really enjoyed the oat bran. I will be using more of this wonderful food more frequently, after all it is a time saver for me since it cooks so quickly 🙂
Up next, review of the orange-cranberry bar. I know I have already stated this several times, but I am just so freakin excited about how soft and chewy theses bars are. They are very easy for me to eat! Now I have to be honest with you guys, I didn’t care for this bar as much as the previous two. I orange was the predominant flavor in the bar, and I found it to be a little bit to sweet for my liking. This bar was much sweeter than the others. I would probably not purchase this flavor on my own, unless it was the only option. But it is still a good bar, especially for those of you that like sweet.
The other day Stefanie from over at The New Healthy tagged any blogger reading that day with the 7 facts blog award. So in the happy spirit of the occasion. Here you go!
1. I am deathly afraid of spiders. Yep, I run from them. Nothing like having a group of 7th graders laughing at you because you jump up on your desk screaming. But I truly am afraid of these creatures. I will not go near one. Ask the hubster.
2. I love junk food! I really do. I take pride in my clean eating lifestyle, which does include some healthy and clean treats, but I am a junk food girl at heart. How do I handle it. I simply do not buy the stuff. Out of sight, out of mind.
3. I stole a girl’s barbies in the fourth grade. Call me bad, I was just jealous. I really wanted that darn barbie with the crown. I did return them. We became best friends after that incident and remained best friends all throughout high school. We are still great friends today. Hi Sabrina!!
4. I love Nascar and football. I honestly do. I am the girl that will watch the game or the race even when the hubster is not at home. Heck, I even knew more about Nascar when I met him than he did! This is probably my only “guy like” quality.
5. I am very much a girly girl. There I admit it. Other than #4, I am so girly. Love make-up, high heels, dresses. I have to have my hair highlighted and cut around every 8 weeks. I can’t stand to be dirty, and don’t even let me sweat other than exercise.
6. I insist on purchasing a new Coach purse every summer. The hubster thinks this is crazy. But hey he buys a new rod, or reel, or something for hunting/fishing every year!
7. I love to travel. I usually have at least two vacations a year. One with the kiddos. One for my anniversary. Sometimes we may squeeze in a third one, but I can’t wait to get some of our smaller bills paid off so we can travel a little more 🙂
So there you have it. 7 random facts about me! Don’t forget to enter my giveaway 🙂