Since I love all of you guys so much, and you are all my wonderful friends, I am going to share something special with you. After all Monday was Valentine’s day right?
Go grab your pen and paper, it’s okay I’ll wait.
Got the pen & paper? Good. Now let’s get started shall we. I had an amazing breakfast this morning. I am getting really good at these amazing breakfasts right?
This one was a hit. It has oats. It has yogurt. I has fruit. I is pink!
Pink is my favorite color….rock on 🙂
Pretty ~N~ Pink oats
- 1/3c almond milk
- 1/3c water
- 1/2 banana sliced
- 2-3T blueberry yogurt
- dash of salt
- 1/4c frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 1/3c oats soaked in 2/3c water overnight (add in oats and soaking liquid)
- dash of vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
- Add the first five ingredients to a small sauce pan. Whisk periodically to break up the fruit in the mixture. Bring to a simmer.
- Add in the oats and whisk constantly until creamy & fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and cinnamon, whisk to mix, serve with choice of toppings.
I topped my oats with some Nuttzo, coconut, and pecans.
Isn’t it so pretty and pink 🙂
I was able to sleep in until my normal wake up time this morning, thank goodness. No crazy requests were made for breakfast, no holiday parties to prepare for, and no trips to the doughnut shop were in order. I totally took advantage of the situation 🙂
Last night I made a couple of snack items that to carry me out through the weekend. I am anxiously awaiting the weekend so I can head to the grocery to restock some of my pantry items. I am afraid that I am down to the bare bones. I made a batch of oat bars & peanut butter balls.
For the Oat Bars
- 1.5c oats
- 1/2c nuts (your choice)
- 3/4c dried fruit
- 1/4c vanilla protein powder
- 1T cinnamon
- 1t sea salt
- 1t vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1.25 milk
- preheat oven to 350
- mix dry ingredients in medium bowl, mix wet ingredients in small bowl
- combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- pour into an 8×8 baking dish that has been lined with parchment paper.
- bake for 40-45 minutes, cut into squares.
Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- 1/4c natural peanut butter
- 2T maple syrup (agave or honey may be used as well)
- 1/2c vanilla protein powder
Mix all ingredients together and roll into balls. You may also add in chopped nuts, fruits, or coconut it you would like 🙂
These make such a great after work out snack, as well as something to take the edge off of the sweet tooth!
Now here is your challenge for tonight. Let’s see who can get the above “rock on” comment???