Well I have finally completed the list of things I would like to accomplish in 2011. Let me tell you it is a long one! Once I began soul searching and really concentrating on what I wanted to do, I couldn’t stop adding to it. I finally decided on 12 points – hey there are 12 months to a year!!
Here goes nothing, bare with me the list is long and some points require a little explaining 🙂
- Listening – to all things! My body-my family-myself. I am the type of person that will stress over anything and I always get upset when things aren’t perfect…just a little OCD! My husband always tells me to chill and relax. I will listen more intently to my family and my body. Let things fall the way they will, it always works out in the end 🙂
- Blog – Quality not Quantity. I “borrowed” this idea from Angela over at Oh She Glows. You see I started my blog and would post at least daily, if not twice daily, which in return would make things hectic at home with two small boys. I made a decision to stop blogging so much. I really miss the blogging so I kept it to few and far between. I have decided to continue my blog, but to concentrate on quality blogs as opposed to making sure I have at least one post daily.
- Yoga – I so need to work on posture, flexibility, and obviously relaxation. This actually includes two of my goals. I want to start working on my posture. I will start a yoga routine this year. Will update exactly what that routine will be at a later date!
- Time – I will dedicate more time to myself and family. Too often we get busy with day to day activities and fail to make sure we have quality time with the ones we love. I will begin dedicating a minimum of 1 x week to family time with the boys, 1 x month to date night with the husband, and 1 x month to girl’s night with my friends!
- Health – continue my clean eating journey and take care of myself.
- Weight training – I was working out on the weight machines at the gym 4 times per week. Once I fell in love with the classes that declined to once maybe twice per week. My goal is to use the weights 3 times per week.
- Run two more 5k races within the year.
- Saving more money in my High Yield account.
- Purchase new furniture for the living room and finish the kitchen decor.
- Read more books. We all to often find ourselves reading everything on electronic devices these days. What happened to the wonderful days of searching the library for that perfect read? While I do enjoy my reading online, I really would love to get back to the relaxing time spent with a good book….and maybe even a glass of wine……..
- Bubble Baths – last but so not least….this is more me time! I love bubble baths and too often never get to enjoy them. The Hubster surprised me with a lovely bath pillow for Christmas. I think it is time to really put this to use…..that book and glass of wine will fit in perfectly with this goal!
So there you have it, my goals for 2011. I am sure I will add, tweak, and readjust along the way. Hey every goal needs wiggle room right? If I stick to the plan this will be a great year!!
Tell me what are some of your goals for 2011?